Since 1997, we have continually increased services to meet the complex needs of local children struggling to cope with significant changes in their lives.
Our mission is to embrace the best interest of every child by teaching families how to build strong, positive relationships.
Our vision is to transform the community by empowering everyone to nurture happy, healthy and secure children.
The best interest of every child is at the core of what we do.
We remain neutral and do not “take sides” during interactions with co-parents.
We care about the safety and well-being of the children and families we serve.
Guardian House strives to provide the children and families we serve with access to resources and opportunities to thrive. Our goal is to:
- Provide a therapeutic, child-focused environment for children of separation or divorce to successfully maintain and build relationships with both parents.
- Create and maintain a home-like environment in which children and parents can engage in routine activities, such as cooking a meal or playing on the playground.
- Offer access to educational resources for parents to appropriately meet the developmental needs of their children.
- Assist parents and children to integrate within their new family structure after separation or divorce.
- Facilitate healing that must occur before a healthy relationship can be established between a parent and child.
- Educate parents regarding the impact of parental conflict on their child’s development.
- Increase the likelihood that both parents will remain active in the lives of their children.