Job: Student Interns
Title: Student Interns
Location: 1818 San Pedro Ave San Antonio, TX 78212
Each semester Guardian House provides internship positions for eight to ten graduate level counseling students. Students interested in completing an internship should request an interview below; an interview does not guarantee placement.
Questions may be directed to Executive Director, Shannon White, MS, LPC-S.
- Counseling Clinic
- Parenting Education
- Supervised Visitation
- Monitored Exchanges
Guardian House will provide you
- Beneficial and life-enriching experiences.
- Opportunities to positively impact the life of children.
- Comprehensive orientation and specialized training for specific jobs.
- Opportunities for professional development through supervision and trainings.
- An opportunity to learn about family and group dynamics, child development, the impact of divorce on children, and domestic violence.
- Multiple and varied opportunities to obtain contact hours.
As a student intern at Guardian House I understand that my requirements are to:
- Submit to a criminal background check, a child abuse registry check, and fingerprint background check. The intern is responsible to pay the $10 fee for the fingerprint check. Guardian House pays for all other background checks.
- Pay $15 for ID badge, lanyard, and Guardian House t-shirt. ID badge will be returned upon completion of internship.
- Commit to working at Guardian House for a minimum of two semesters.
- Continue my weekend schedule between my first and second semester.
- Continue my weekend schedule after my last semester and until the new interns are trained.
- Commit to two (2) four-hour blocks of time on the weekend to facilitate visits.
- Read Becoming Solution-Focused in Brief Therapy as directed by my site supervisor.
- Attend weekly supervision sessions with site supervisor.
- Submit my hour logs to my site supervisor at the end of each semester.
- Attend a mandatory training before my first semester.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Maintain professional liability insurance.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATION CALENDAR
|SEMESTER||DATES OF INTERNSHIP||DATES TO APPLY||
|SUMMER 2018||May 26, 2018 to *August 19, 2018||Jan 1, 2018 to March 18, 2018||March 27 – 29, 2018||May 19, 2018, 9am to 5pm|
|FALL 2018||August 18, 2018 to *December 23, 2018||April 1, 2018 to June 17, 2018||June 26 – 28, 2018||July 28, 2018, 9am to 5pm|
|SPRING 2019||December 22, 2018 to *May 26, 2019||July 1, 2018 to October 14, 2018||Oct. 23 -25, 2018||Dec 15, 2018, 9am to 5pm|
|SUMMER 2019||May 25, 2019 to *Aug 18, 2019||Nov 1, 2018 to March 17, 2019||March 26-28, 2019||May 18, 2019, 9am to 5pm|
|FALL 2019||August 17, 2019 to *December 22, 2019||April 1, 2019 to June 16, 2019||June 25-27, 2019||Aug 10, 2019, 9am to 5pm|
*Working Between and After Your Semester
The relationship between Guardian House and student interns is a symbiotic one; each helping the other. You must commit to continue your weekend schedule between your first and second semester, as well as after your last semester until the new interns are trained to supervise visits independently. Some programs allow students to count this time toward their clinical hours; any questions regarding this should be directed to your university.
Email the following documents to Shannon White, MS, LPC-S.
- Cover Letter
- Application Packet
- Consent to Criminal Background Check
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- Intern Contract