Job: Student Interns
Title: Graduate Student Interns
Location: 1818 San Pedro Ave San Antonio, TX 78212
Each semester Guardian House provides internship positions for eight to ten graduate level counseling students. Students interested in completing an internship should request an interview below; an interview does not guarantee placement.
Questions may be directed to CEO, Shannon White, MS, LPC-S.
- Counseling Clinic
- Intakes and Child Orientations
- Parenting Education
- Supervised Visitation
- Monitored Exchanges
Guardian House will provide you
- Beneficial and life-enriching experiences.
- Opportunities to positively impact the life of children.
- Comprehensive orientation and specialized training for specific jobs.
- Opportunities for professional development through supervision and trainings.
- An opportunity to learn about family and group dynamics, child development, the impact of divorce on children, and domestic violence.
- Multiple and varied opportunities to obtain contact hours.
As a student intern at Guardian House I understand that my requirements are to:
- Submit to a criminal background check and a child abuse registry check. The intern is responsible to pay the $10 fee for the background check.
- Pay $10 for ID badge and lanyard. ID badge will be returned upon completion of internship.
- Commit to working at Guardian House for a minimum of two semesters.
- Continue my weekend schedule between my first and second semester.
- Continue my weekend schedule after my last semester and until the new interns are trained.
- Commit to two (2) four-hour blocks of time on the weekend to facilitate visits.
- Read Becoming Solution-Focused in Brief Therapy as directed by my site supervisor.
- Attend weekly supervision sessions with site supervisor.
- Submit my hour logs to my site supervisor at the end of each semester.
- Attend a mandatory training before my first semester.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Maintain professional liability insurance.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATION CALENDAR
|SEMESTER||DATES OF INTERNSHIP||DATES TO APPLY||
May 26, 2020 to *August 5, 2020
(Tentative Start Date)
May 22, 2020, 9am to 5:30 pm
|FALL 2020||August 23, 2020 to *December 10, 2020||FULL||N/A||August 21, 2020, 9am to 5:30pm|
|SPRING 2021||January 12, 2021 to *May 26, 2021||July 1, 2020 to October 15, 2020||Will schedule with applicant||December 15, 2018, 9am to 5:30pm|
|SUMMER 2021||May 25, 2021 to *August 18, 2021||November 1, 2020 to March 20, 2021||Will schedule with applicant||May 18, 2019, 9am to 5:30pm|
|FALL 2021||August 19, 2021 to *December 13, 2021||March 1, 2021 to June 15, 2021||Will schedule with applicant||August 16, 2019, 9am to 5:30pm|
*Working Between and After Your Semester
The relationship between Guardian House and student interns is a symbiotic one; each helping the other. You must commit to continue your weekend schedule between your first and second semester, as well as after your last semester until the new interns are trained to supervise visits independently. Some programs allow students to count this time toward their clinical hours; any questions regarding this should be directed to your university.
Email the following documents to Shannon White, MS, LPC-S.